Attention is focused on creating and sustaining school wide systems of support that improve lifestyle results for all children by making problem behavior less effective, efficient and relevant, and desired behavior more rewarding.
What is a systems approach in school- wide PEBS?
- Outcomes: Academic and behavior targets that are endorsed and emphasized by students, teachers, and families.
- Practices: Interventions and strategies that are evidence based
- Data: Information that is used to identify status. Need for change and effects of intervention
- All staff commit to active participation in improving school climate
- All staff members directly teach and encourage expected social behavior
- All staff members increase their daily positive contacts with students in and outside the classroom
- Administrators increase their involvement in proactive student interactions and support
- All students are actively engaged in showing respect for themselves, others, learning and the environment
- Data is used for decision-making
- Formal supports are in place for at-risk students
The main way that we celebrate positive behaviours at CDES is by giving the students RAYS tokens if they do something seen as a pro-social behaviour without being asked. We are the CDS Rays so we thought it would be a great name for our token. Here is what the letters stand for:
A - Acceptance
Y- You show leadership
There is a draw for possible prizes at the end of each month during our month end assembly.